Ports and Terminals
Virta offers complete system capabilities for ship loading and unloading, incorporating all interconnecting storage and reclaim conveyor systems, dust control, storage and ancillary systems.
Essentially, bulk cargo terminals operate with fixed parameters (like ship loading and unloading rate, or storage size) and variable parameters (like product type, berth occupancy, vessel size, or other factors). At Virta, we understand the fundamentals of material handling equipment design, as well as the unique elements and intricacies of bulk cargo terminal facility design, including:
- Simulations for berth occupancy, rail and ship operations
- Vessel sizes and types (Handymax, Panamax, Cape)
- Ship loader type and selection criteria (linear, quadrant, luffing, slewing, with or without ship cranes, etc.)
- Design considerations for corrosion, seismic, wind, tidal range
- Railcar unloading systems (unit train, rotary vs. bottom dump, indexing systems)
- Certified-for-trade accuracy requirements for conveying and measuring systems
As a systems integrator, we provide complete system capabilities by partnering with reputable proprietary equipment suppliers for ship loaders, ship unloaders, stackers and reclaimers, and railcar unloaders, incorporating all interconnecting storage and ancillary systems.